/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, September 04, 2006

Back And Ready For Business

Sort of anyway. I finally had my office PC back in my desk and basically, it has been stripped off of many of the applications I have put in place for the last 18 months. Not to mention that I have to go back in and re-configure everything to work as close to how it should have been before it was pulled out.

The PC technical services found a trojan in my PC. McAfee didn't even detect it as it encroach itself on my hard drive. Everything just happened so fast. I was working on a report when all of a sudden, everything just started crawling. Even my mouse pointer took a bit longer to move from point A to point B. Task Manager can't even be invoked.

At first, everyone thought something was wrong with my profile. Until a few virus definitions updates later, they found the trojan. And it was something that can not be removed safely. the only recourse was to format my hard drive. Since it's a 60 Gb harddrive, tech services doesn't have the ability to save it for Ghost puposes. So it's back to square one for me.

Like I have all the time in the world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home