/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Franchising

I've been reading a lot about franchising lately. A part of me thinks its a great idea worthy of delving into. Owning your own McDonald's or Arby's sounds really lucrative. But the cost of getting a franchise is not something to be taken lightly. It could make or break somebody.

I know there's always a risk involve in getting into a business for yourself. Much more when your business plan is dictated by a mother corporation. Sure it's nice since the business plan has been tested and proven by all the other franchisees but one has to take into account that what may be gold for Mary might not be the same for Moe.

There's a lot of factors to make a business work. Franchise or not, the risks are the same. It will need hard work, patience and a lot of persisitence. I think I can do that. But I'm not sure I can take the risk for now. Maybe a couple more years when my guts feel right.

In the meantime, I'll just patronize these places.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home