/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blog Content and Topics

I've been reading a lot about how blogs should be written and made myself feel bad knowing that my blogs just talk about everything under the sun. Most documents I've read suggested that for a blog to be successful, it has to have a pattern, or basically a singular topic to evolved on. Like say for example if your blog talks about technology. Once you started on that kind of topic, your blog is supposed to be focused only on that.

I don't buy it though. I guess it does make sense though since having a singular topic will garner you to have a following. People will keep coming back for content from your site just because it helped them in one way or the other. But to look at the bigger picture on focusing on a singular topic or content, you are attracting a singular audience. Eventually your blog will become stale and you will have to keep refreshing with new materials.

If you have started talking about the sun, how long can you keep such a blog content fresh? Eventually, you will have to look for something else to talk about. And I guess i'm just trying to persuade myself that I'm going the right path by keeping my blog content diversified.

Now if only I can get readers to come in.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now a reader have come in tokayo

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home