/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, July 31, 2006

Pressure

I used to work for a software development company. My old boss then has always referred to me as one of the coolers. A cooler is someone who gets thrown to irate customers to try to pacify them and hopefully get them to continue dealing with the company. We always call this the pressure cooker just because of the volatility of the situation.

I used to not get it. I've been known to lose my cool on personal situations but I've always maintained professionalism on company situations. It felt horrible knowing I was maintaining two standards on dealing with these issues. At least I have made the change to handle things the same way.

Now, I am more subtle though I still do have my episodes every now and then. And I don't have to deal with a pressure cooker situation anymore. I still get thrown on sensitive projects though and I wouldn't want it any other way.

What can I say.. I thrive under pressure. Besides, I always tell my boss that pressure means nothing to me.

He gives me pressure, I give him nothing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home