/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Friday, July 14, 2006

Scammers

I got an email today from the widow of the deposed ex-president of Nigeria. She mentioned in her email that her husband had some money in the billions left in a bank based in Nigeria and they can't get it out without the help of someone from another country.

That's where I come in. I'm suppose to contact her secretary who would be sending me a check for $10,000 US dollars - $8,000 of which will be for me for all the troubles I have to go through and the $2,000 is supposed to be deposited to the said bank. That would allow me to make transactions for them in that bank and thus transfer those billions somewhere else. The only catch though is that while waiting for the $10,000 check to come to me, I'm suppose to deposit the $2,000 in advance since there is some waiting time attached to this whole process.

Sounds really tempting, doesn't it? Well.. it's just wrong in so many areas. First, if you're a deposed ex-president from a starving nation, you probably dont have that much money and two, you don't deserve it. Third, I'm poor so I can't really afford to give $2,000 out of my pocket so that's not even an option.

But just to give them the benefit of the doubt, I sent the so called widow an email asking her to contact my secretary and do business with her. Maybe she'd get lucky finding her.

Considering I don't have one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home