/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, July 24, 2006

Spell Checker

One nice thing about word processors nowadays is that they come with a utility that checks for spelling. That is just great. Now, there is no more excuse for having misspelled words. You'd think everyone would make use of this utility right? Wrong!

I, for one, am guilty of this. Just check my previous blogs and you'll understand what I'm talking about. I guess some people are just resistant to change or rather just oblivious to the fact that help is just a keystroke away. They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks. Whoever coined that must have been an old dog himself. And I don't blame him. People have always been known to fear the unfamiliar. Why rock the boat when you can sail on calm waters?

And where does it stop? In order to communicate effectively, I need to learn basic sentence construction as well as correct grammar and proper punctuations. I may still be an old dog but it is my responsibility to learn new tricks. Even if it meant barking until the shock collar quites me. When all is said and done, anything that comes out of me reflects me.

And every little bit helps.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home