/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, July 17, 2006

Needles

Plain and simple, I hate needles. I can't stand looking at them without feeling nervous and cringing just being close to one. I think it's because I know these things can hurt. I should know. I'm a regular at the hospital's laboratory for my quarterly blood checkup.

I went there this morning for my regular checkup. I came in 5 minutes before 7:00 am and I have fasted since 7:00 pm the night before. That meant nothing passed between my lips for almost 12 hours now. I'm a bit thirsty and hungry. The receptionist finally called my name around 7:35 and told me that my name was not on the list for those scheduled on that day.

Now this caused me some dilemma. For one, I fasted and am getting hungry and I really wanted to get something to eat. But I also have to be back by Friday for the actual doctor's visit to interpret the results. So after she informed me that I can wait for the scheduling nurse who was due to arrive by 8:00 am to accomodate my request, I decided to wait against my better judgement.

8:15 came and went and still no sign of the nurse and since I've already informed the office that I would be in a bit late, I continued to wait. I was getting really POed and it showed. I was snapping at the receptionist for not giving me some alternatives considering I've been starving for the last couple of hours. And to top that, I was anxiously waiting to get poked by a needle.

The nurse finally came in at 9:00 which was way past the expected time. I did let her know how this whole experience sucked. Hopefully she won't make the same mistake next time.

Maybe my doctor will reschedule my checkups into bi-annual events.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home