/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, December 10, 2007

Thanksgiving in Orlando, Florida

I spent Thanksgiving Day in Orlando, Florida. The office had hold off the rest of my vacation days I have left for the year. I have a total of 7 days left and it's almost the end of the year. Normally, it has to be used this year or end up losing them next year. In my case, it was an exception. They carried it over for next year. On top of that, they gave me the whole week of Thanksgiving to rest.

But it didn't came in that easy. I was recalled to the office on Monday to fix some things for one of our client. But after that it was smooth sailing. I left for Orlando Tuesday night and arrived Wednesday late afternoon. A total of 17 hours driving time. But that gave me a lot of time to ponder on things.

I immediately went to the Universal Studios park that afternoon to check out the rides. I started with the MIB ride which I thought was cool. I did that twice since the line was not that long. I also went to the Jaws ride which was a disaster since they had to close up early due to a technical failure. That's 30 minutes of wait time down the drain.

After dinner, I decided to get the much needed sleep my body has been craving. I slept like a log that night but woke up bright and early to be in line for all the other attractions in the park. The next few days was just awesome as I lost myself to the attraction as well as the expenses incurred.

I drove back Saturday morning and didn't get back home until Sunday afternoon. It was tiresome but was really worth it. With all the new expenses I have to pay, I am more motivated to go back to work again.

All for the wrong reasons.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home