/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Coaching U-10 Girls Soccer

I get to coach a U-10 girls soccer team this season and its not because I have a daughter. I don't have to coach these girls but there's no one that wants to do it. Not even their own parents. And that's because they feel they're not qualified to do so.

These girls are new players. Well, at least in some ways they are. Their previous coach basically just comes in and tells them to kick the ball and that's about it. They never had any basic skills training at all. With that, the league thought that maybe I can come out and help. And without even thinking, I accepted.

I guess it's because I wanted to do some running in the afternoons and this would motivate me to come out and just do that. And these girls deserve some help too. So, it's killing two birds with one stone. The girls have been doing their best during practice and actual games. So far, we have not won one yet. We're predicted to be at the bottom of the rankings.

I love the odds. There's nowhere else for us to go but up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home