/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, July 03, 2006

4th of July

I find it interesting talking about the 4th of July. First and foremost, I am an immigrant to the United States but I was born and raised from a foreign land. I moved here at the onslaught of my adult life. 26 years old to be exact. I didn't know what to expect. All I know was that is was a new life. One for me to explore and to shape.

It was scary and it wasn't easy. They say America is the land of milk and honey. What they didn't realize is that in order to get milk, you may get kicked by the cow and to get honey, you will have to be stung by the bees. That's how it was and how it will be. One has to work hard to reap some rewards. Anything that's a product by the sweat of your brows is always sweet. There's no other way I would have wanted it.

Which brings me back to the 4th of July. I will celebrate it. I will honor the men who bravely fought for this country. I hope the future generation will always remember what this date stands for and not just because of the fireworks.

Happy Independence Day!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home