/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Slinky

This toy had been on the market since 1945, two years after it was originally conceived. Nobody thought about the impact it would cause the world. Kids and adults get mesmerized with each movement of a coil. Who would have thought that a simple roll of coils would end up being a center of attraction no matter what the age group of its audience.

I think it's a great device to waste time on. I used to own a couple but every now and then, a friend would ask for it. So I ended up with none until recently. My officemate recently accepted another job opportunity and decided to leave a couple of things behind in her desk. One of which was a slinky which ended up with me. I had it lying in my desk and even when it's not moving, I feel this urge to touch it and move it between my hands. Just watching it move from my hands takes my mind off the things I have to be working on.

It's been a couple of days now and nobody has asked for it. I think I may end up keeping this one for a long time. It's now one of the myriads of toys stuck in my cubicle. I may have to put it somewhere in the back though least it may end up making me unproductive in the coming days.

Not that I care.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home