/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Miami Heat Wins

I watched the NBA game 6 last night sparingly. I'm not a big basketball fan but I do have my own set of players that I like to watch. One of them is Jason Terry. However, I was rooting for Miami to win. I know, it's complicated.

Let me clarify things. Dwayne Wade is phenominal. But he's not part of the reason why I want Miami to win. I don't like Shaq. I think he's overrated. Plus the fact that for someone to be paid so much money, he could have at least practiced on his free throws during the off-season. Growing up, I have been a Laker fan during the time of Magic Johnson, Kareem and Worthy. With Kobe and Shaq in the Lakers team, I abhorred it. It was just overkill. Here's a team that I like but have two superstars that I don't like. Such a dilemma. So I ended up not being a fan of the Lakers for awhile.

Eventually, Shaq was traded to Miami and I think it should have been Kobe that was given that. But what's done is done. I thought to myself that Shaq should show the Lakers that they have let go of the wrong person. And that he did when he won the 2006 NBA championship courtesy of Dwayne Wade. I'm glad this is all over.

Now I can go back rooting for another team to win in the next one. Maybe I'll root for the Dallas Mavericks then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home