/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Deep Thoughts...

A lighted candle in hand, I stare into the nothingness. The moon shines brightly as if touching the tip of the mountain from beyond the valley. No clouds hinder the magnificent view. No stars share the limelight. Only the bright full moon. From where I'm standing, it lights up the whole heavens.

All night long, my thoughts arise. One after another, memories play with my emotions. There are those that produce a smile on my face, some that make me cringe, others makes me sad but it's nice to remember them. They're part of me.. my past and have helped in shaping me what I am.. where I'm at now. In the end, I put off my candle in compassion for the light of the moon.

I can feel the dew around me. It's getting too late or maybe too early. I remember friends, places, and things. It's nice to remember. Some people have lost this ability. To be able to look back and remember... its a blessing no matter what. The moonlight smiles at me.

As I cannot capture this essence in my hands, I will forever remember this moment. That at one time, the moon shone just for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home