/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Little Darkness..

Once in a while, a little darkness in our lives is okay. I guess the emphasis is on the term 'once in a while'. I'm not even sure how to discuss this but for the sake of having something to wite, I'm going to try to.

I actually read this from a Spiderman comic book. I think it was Norman Osborne who muttered it. Norman Osborne is the Green Goblin and is one of Spiderman's toughest enemy. I guess it stems from the fact that both of them knew each other's identity. And somehow that was one of the common bond between them aside from the fact that Norman's son Harry was Spiderman's best friend.

Anyway, Norman muttered those words when he was visiting Harry's tomb and for some reason, he was trying to justify his role in the world as the Green Goblin. Though those words seem to come as a bit deep, it shows Norman's demented reasoning. He has embarked on a life of crime from robbery to murder yet he calls these as 'little darkness'.

I guess 'A little darkness' can be interpreted whichever way by anyone. And for once, I'm befuddled as whether to agree or disagree that it is okay to have a little darkness once in a while. Part of me wants to accept that tenet. The other half is saying the glass is never half empty or half full. It's all or nothing.

A little candle will always shine brightly in a dark room.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home