/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Busy Week

I had a busy week at the office. Actually, it was not just last week but also the week before and the week before that. I guess it stems from the fact that we have 3 more positions to fill in our team and we just can't seem to get the talent we need. Add to that the fact that not everyone pitches in to help out cut the slack. But that's okay, you can't really force anyone. Things like these have to be voluntary otherwise it will create resentment in their part.

I just wish they would volunteer though. Some of us could really use the help. I know I could. I still have 5 vacation days left for this year and even though I can take it anytime, I'm up to my neck with projects to finish. I know I could leave them and just pick them up when I get back but then, I'll also have other things added to my plate. The pile would just keep on getting higher.

With that, I'd rather spend time getting my plate clean and then take some 1 day vacations as I see fit. That way, I'd get to spend and enjoy my vacation without having had to worry about upcoming projects. That makes the relaxation period really relaxing. Of course I know I'll have to be back the next day to the office to do more work.

I call that job security.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home