/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Recognition

I got my first company related award today. After 18 months in the company, I finally have something tangible that says that I'm doing a great job. It's a welcome treat and it feels good to be recognized for doing something I'm being paid to do anyway. That's a sign of a good company.

A company that values its employees is rare. Sure, a lot of companies say that their best assets are their people but do they take care of them? Most of you will find out sooner or later that companies that truly care for their employees are rare. And if you are in one of them, I heavily suggest you stay there. There's about a million to one odds that you'll find such a company.

But there are a lot of things to consider when one looks for a company to work for. In the long run, a decision has to be made and it all boils down to one question.. are you happy with what you are doing? That's because, you may be paid six digit figures and all the amenities but if you dread waking up each morning and have to drag yourself to get to your job, then it becomes pointless. You are basically torturing yourself. It's better to have an average paying job in a company you love working for than getting a high paying salary working for a job you hate.

I love my job right now. Having a great company is an extended bonus. I can actually see myself with this company for a really long time and that's a good thing.

That's because my take home pay can actually take me home.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home