/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, March 23, 2006

South Park

I was channel surfing last Monday night and accidentally glanced on an episode of South Park which poked fun about Little League Baseball and parents on the sideline. This episode poked fun about parents being so involved in their kid's game and the violence occuring against the other parents. I think that was just hilarious considering that it's what's happening in the real world too. The show just took it a step further. But then, that is expected in a cartoon show that lives off on controversies.

I always thought that South Park was a show not worth watching considering the paper like movements of the charaters plus all the vulgarities attached to them. I mean I swear but not as vulgar as any of the kids in that show. These kids make me look like an amateur. I guess my views on this show has changed. I still think its vulgar though and parents who let their kids watch this has the responsibility of making them understand that it doesn't/shouldn't happen in real life. Else they'd end up raising a Cartman.

Personally, I think I'll be watching more episodes. Them being on the news lately about this scientology hoopla just kinda added fuel to my curiosity. And I still think that Tom Cruise deserves all the backlash against him. He's being an ass on Oprah kinda just made people realize how gay he is. He used to be cool on my book but when he started pushing his religious beliefs on other people, that was just wrong. And there's some news tidbits about him saying something against the South Park show. I think I'll side with something that actually makes me laugh.

If we don't make fun of ourselves, there will be nothing to look back to and laugh about.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home