/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Scared

I get scared easily. I admit that. I don't think I'd want to be in the same room with a dead body unless I'm in a group. That would explain why I never even thought of being in the medical field. The sight of blood in situations like these grosses me out. And with the kind of imagination I have, I couldn't help but think what if the body suddenly sits up right? You know it's already dead so how would you kill it again? Zombie movies are just movies and I don't think I want to hit a dead body coming back to life in the head. What if it won't kill it and would just make it angrier? I hate to be the person holding the stick when things like that ever happen.

I love a good scare though. Not the kind of scare you get when you ride a roller coaster. That's thrill scare. I'm talking about being in a haunted house scared. Or maybe a horror house. I think there's a borderline difference there. Haunted house scared is based on the fact that there maybe a spirit in that place. And the feeling attach to encountering that spirit, malevolent or not, is just a rush. Now, for a horror house, the mind is set to the fact that the being scared part here is fun. But one has to understand that being scared half to death may not be that fun at all.

Sure, a horror house is a controlled environment. But in the back of my mind, I always have that thought that what if there was an uncontrolled element in there. Think about it. The place is perfect for this kind of scenario. No one will know until the damage is done.

We went to San Antonio, TX a couple of months ago and we decided to experience the Ripley's Haunted Adventure. Everyone was joking around while we were waiting to go in but once inside, nobody dared to step up and take the lead position in the single file. Who would want to be? I mean, if everything goes wrong, you are it. Anyway, to make the long story short, I was pushed in front and had to be the lead person walking through the dark maze of horrors. I never thought I could deal with it but I did. And I am very proud of that.

Now, if only I can find that person that put me in front.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home