/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, February 27, 2006

My Turn With The Beeper

It's Monday and just before 8:00 this morning, I got handed the team beeper. That signified that I am officially on-call 24/7 for any issues that may arise on the data warehouse world for this whole week. Yes, that includes both Staurday and sunday too. I wasn't looking forward to this duty but once every eight weeks isn't really that bad compared to the previous jobs I had where it was 24/7 for the whole year and was pretty much a thankless job. Over here, you are appreciated.

I got on my first case this morning and got it closed right away. Not bad and I'm hoping no other big thing will pop out at me this week especially the ones that happen in the middle of the night. (*knock on wood*) I'm going to take it easy on the other projects on my plate for this week just in case. That way, I won't be in the middle of something big when a "big" thing comes out to eat up my time.

So far it's been quite and have enjoyed two cups of coffee without being majorly interrupted. Now, that's what I call a nice morning. I'm getting hungry though. Hopefully lunch will just creep up on me so I can go down and enjoy my sandwich in peace. Ham sandwich and jello, now what could be better than that? Okay.. everything else. lol

Oh well.. as they say, one day at a time.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was
searching on Yahoo for something else, Nonetheless I
am here now and would just like to say thank
you for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the superb job.

Also visit my web blog prescription glasses on the web

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home