/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Friday, March 03, 2006

What A Week!!!

Two more days and the beeper goes away. I was hoping to write at least 3 entries for this week here in my blog but my work schedule hinders me from doing so. At least for this week anyway. The week started out slow with a solitary issue raised last Monday and I had that cleaned up before I left for the day but the succeeding days were different.

Tuesday was spent mostly on small issues that kinda adds up. Mostly from the effect of a company division transition. See, our divisions are being asked to use Citrix now so most of their environments were converted. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be but it wasn't as seamless either. But all in all, we got everything covered with most end-users being happy with where they are at.

And it went downhill from there. Most of what came in afterwards were scripts not executing properly due to data locks somewhere. I had to wake up every 2 am for the last 3 days trying to figure out what's going on. On top of that, I still have my normal daily duties to attend to. Can't really complain though. This only happens once every 10 weeks. In my previous work, I did it 24/7/365. This is child's play compared to that.

With the weekend coming up, I don't see anything major blowing up but am knocking on wood. Systems are just as fragile as you want them to be. Can't wait for Monday though. The beeper goes to the next person.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home