/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Friday, February 24, 2006

Comic Books

I'm a big fan of comic books but I'm not one of those die hard people that over-analyzes what is being drawn. I just enjoy a good story line coupled with good artwork. Plain and simple. I do feel the anxiety attached to the waiting for the next issue to come out. I can't wait. I just want to know what happened to my favorite superhero or rather, what will happen.

Childish? Perhaps. But everyone has their own poison. And this one is mine. I grew up surrounding myself with comic books though limited to what my meager allowance would allow me and to what is available in the market. See.. growing up in a third world country 20+ years back, you don't enjoy the same perks the youngsters now are enjoying. No wonder kids nowadays take things for granted. But enough of that.

With great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman echoes that a lot in his story line. I'm using the same line for myself. With great income comes great buying power and the responsibilites attached to it. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I just have to get it. Arggh.. it pains me to think about that but its true. If I buy all the comic books I want, I won't get to save for my future. Much less to clothe and feed myself.

Marvel and DC are the front runners with the independent ones behind them. So many have changed in the comic world too. Characters have died and came back from the dead. Some are re-introduced while others are pretty much replaced by successors. Old stories are re-told. Other old stories are re-invented and re-told. I have to say I'm all for it but some of my favorite characters just didn't feel right anymore.

One thing will be constant though. I'll still be reading comic books in the future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home