/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The SandMan

It was warm and humid last night. It was getting late so I decided to jump in bed and catch some much needed rest. I tried closing my eyes but I can't just seem to drift off to dreamland. I ended up staring at the ceiling for some time before deciding to turn on the bedside lamp to catch some light reading hoping that this might aid me in my quest for some good night's sleep.

The whole set of the Sandman Graphic Novel series sat in my bedside table. I have just recently gotten them and have been wanting to go over them ever since. I just didn't have time. I never made time for these books considering I have other choices of books. I guess last night was the best time. I opened up the first book and started devouring through the pages. I was about to start on my fourth book when I happened to glance over the alarm clock. It was already 3:00 am. Time flies so swiftly and I have to wake up in 3 hours.

The books were really great. I have always wanted to read them before in the bookshops but I always ended up with the other books. I think it was a smart move acquiring this set and reading them at my own leisure.

I wasn't sleepy yet but I gave it a try. I turned off the lamp and settled back to my favorite sleeping position. And just like that, I was off to dreamland. No more waiting, staring or such. I just fell asleep. The next thing I heard was my alarm buzzing. I had my sleep thought it was shorter than I wanted. But I did.

Ironic. The SandMan put me to sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home