/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Big City

I was assigned to work at one of our corporate offices in the big city for about a week. That means suitcase living again. At least the hotel was in a good part of the city. That allowed me the luxury of doing my nightly runs out in the streets. Sure, I can run in the threadmill at the hotel's gym but what fun would that be? I do say that soaking in the jacuzzi afterwards just takes away my body's ill.

Meal times are always the issue with me. I just can't seem to get myself to eat if I'm by myself. The good news was that my boss was with me the whole time so the decision on where and when to eat does not fall on my shoulders. Two of the places we frequent is the Genghis Grill and the other is the BJ's Restaurant/Warehouse.

Genghis Grill is a place where you pick your meat (raw), vegetables, sauce, and additional spices from the buffet table and bing it to the kitchen corner where a bunch of cooks work on your meal. Once everything is ready, they bring it back to you so you can enjoy your meal at one of their tables. Personally, I like this place a lot. And that's because I get to prepare what I want to eat. Makes it feel like homecooking without having to stay in front of the stove.

BJ's Restaurant/Brewhouse is another story. It's typically a burger/grill joint where you order off the menu. Since it is a microbrewery, you can order beer from the tap freshly brewed. Most of my collegues love this place for the beer. Me, I don't really drink beer that much so I can't really comment on that. I do know that they have a killer rib plate. Now, that's something I know I won't be able to say no to.

As much as I enjoy big city assignments every now and then, I prefer being back at the home office. Each time I get travelling assignments, all my other projects suffer. And I have to play catch up when I get back. That's the other part that I don't really like.

As they say, you can't serve two masters at the same time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home