/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Murphy's Law

One of Murphy's Law states the following "If you are feeling good, don't worry as you'll get over it". And I have to agree with that. I talked about feeling good in my last blog and just a day afterwards, I was brought back to earth. Just like that.

I have been working on a project that has been trying my patience for awhile now and there's no one else in the company I can turn for assistance. They guy that used to work on this particular project had been terminated a couple of months back and he had marked this project complete even though it is not.

Now the endusers are asking for the finished product and we don't have anything to show for it. There's not even a code I can use to decipher or reverse engineer. All the knowledge has been lost. So I have to start from scratch on this one.

Since the project has been marked closed, I have ended up working on this as a special interest project with hours being charged to maintenance. I don't like it any better than the next guy but I have to have some time bucket I can log my time to. Otherwise, there'll be a lot of other questions raised.

Talked about cloud nine and the seven gates of hell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home