/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dinner And A Movie

I have heard about places where you can eat dinner and watch a movie at the same time but I never thought I'd be in one of those places. Personally, I want my dinner with a good company and a nice conversation. I just think it's better that way that's why I practice it at home too. TV is always turned off during meal time no matter how nice the movie/show is. I figured I can either watch first before eating or eat and watch the show later.

Last week was different. I was assigned to our other corporate office for a few days together with 3 other colleagues and on the last day, everyone decided they wanted to go try a place that serves dinner while a movie was going. It was nice. I enjoyed the ambiance of the place plus the movie was really good too. We picked a slow paced movie which helped.

I admit I enjoyed the experience but it's not something I'm going to make into a permanent lifestyle change for me. I still value a good conversation during meals and I'll stick to that. Besides, the art of conversing seems to be lost nowadays. It's time we bring that practice back.

Plus I want to see what I'm eating under a really good light.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mutya said...

hi,
Just curious to know- where is that place. A unique business not in western countries yet. Popcorn lang saka chikinos dito. Madalaw nga paguwi dyan.

Galing mo...keep on.
Reagrds,
Mutya-http://www.pinoynetwork.org/beautifullife/

5:05 AM  
Blogger The Fortune Cookie said...

Hi Mutya,

Thanks for the kind words.

This place is actually in Addison, TX just a couple of mile north of Dallas. I know it's not rare to se places like this. When I worked in Atlanta, thye have a couple like this out there too.

Thanks for visiting. :)

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home