/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I Feel Good

I wanted to say that today. Actually, I wanted to sing the song that James Brown had made popular. That's because I had my mid-year evaluation review with my manager yesterday and it was great. But then again, I have always been blessed with great reviews all my life when it comes to my job. Except for that time I had this crazy boss when I worked in Singapore.

A boss is someone who wants to come out as the head honcho and take credit for everything. A manger is someone who will direct traffic and make their constituents take the credit at the end of the day. Big difference there. Although I do call my managers boss anyway. Except for the guy in Singapore. I call him James Wang.

What made this review different from the previous years was that my manager actually wrote something in there that caught my eye just because it wasn't placed on the top portion or in the middle portion. It was hidden from clear sight but you won't miss it before you sign off. And it was about appreciation that came not only from the boss but from some of the other folks in my team as well as the user community.

I came out of the review on cloud nine. At least I feel that my contributions are finally being recognized. I don't really go much for awards though a voucher for a dinner in one of those nice places would be great. A simple pat on the back always hit the spot for me.

That's why I feel good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home