/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, July 16, 2007

Give And Take

I'm not sure if the title of this one is right but I've been wrong on a lot of things before so one more won't really hurt. I sold some stuff on Ebay last week. I started with 15 sets of graphic novels/comic books and I sold 7 of them. Not bad if you ask me. I got paid $89.00 for them. And I can use this money to fund any other transactions I want to do in Ebay.

I've relisted four of those sets that didn't sell since there were significant activity on them. Of the four, two more sets sold for $30.00. My assumption was that the people that have looked at these items didn't have the chance to come back and bid on them. And I guess I was right. Besides, these are actually great quality comic books.

I saw a couple of trade paperbacks I wanted to get for myself. Only problem though is that the seller of these items are pricing them too high. Guess I'll have to wait until similar items get listed for a lesser value. I always go for "lots" sales wherein items are bundled together.

I'm not a comic book collector. Just someone that enjoys good reading. But I do take care of these items rather well as I hope to put them back in the market when I'm done with them. I keep those that I enjoy too much so I can read them again in the future.

As I said before, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jun...

i have a lots of stuffs na naiwan ko sa Pinas... all girl stuffs... nd i dont know if they drop it into the garbage or give it to the unfortunate neighbors. i wish... they did not throw it to the garbage... bcoz i treasured all those stuffs... instead they give it to those who needs.

at the end? whats ur desicion bout ur comic stuffs?

cheers!

8:18 PM  
Blogger beornica said...

That's for sure. You can always count on eBay for having all sorts of random things at any given time. You should come check out what I've written about some of the things I've seen there.

I really like your blog, by the way. I adore nonsensical ranting. ;)

1:27 AM  
Blogger The Fortune Cookie said...

Thanks you all for the nice comments. :) I enjoyed browsing through your blogsites too. :)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home