/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Aristurtle

I used to have a pet turtle and yes, I named him Aristurtle. This was a couple of year ago. I actually found him on the road so I decided to pick him up and get him out of harm's way. He used to be tiny too.. about 3 inches in diameter and weighs almost a pound. I feed him a cabbage leaf and a carrot which I think he enjoys since he runs out every week. I placed him in a box which I keep near the sink.

Every now and then, I would place him in the sink and let the tap water run until there's enough water for him to just wade through. I kept him for about 5 months until I decided it was time for him to be really free. During which time, he had grown to be around 6-7 inches and weight about 5 pounds. Yes, he'd grown quite a bit.

There was a pond in the subdivision where I used to live. I used to run around there and see some other wildlife like snakes and sometimes, fish. I thought he'd be perfect over there. So one day, I brought him to the pond and got him out of his box. The moment he saw the pond, he just run towards it. And I mean really run. I always thought turtles crawl. But he was really quick. He just edged towards the water and went in. It was a good 5 feet between us and the water.

Once he got in, he disappeared for quite awhile but surfaced a few meters from land. I think he was looking at me. At least that's what I led myself to believe. In some ways, I miss the guy. He was fun to watch as he munch on his carrots. But I believe he is much happier out there in that pond.

Nothing beats true freedom.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kuya,

hmm... and2 nnman ako... nd ako nnman ang unang nag bigay ng comment... hihihi

the Turtle is so lucky to have u... nd same as u... ur enjoying watching, feeding him... nd u have no regrets nung una mo xang nakita... to take good of ARISTURTLE...

yes,im enjoying visiting ur site... may natutunan kc ako.. ur write ups is so "sik-sik sa laman"...

thnx for visiting my site too.. nd i hope ur enjoying din po...
ciao!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home