/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, December 04, 2006

Ironmen

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

I went to attend my very first ironman breakfast last Saturday and I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. No, I'm not talking about muscle building or stamina enhancing. This is about a group of men coming together to talk about life. The passage above sums it all up. Iron gets sharpened by using iron, so will man know his strength and weaknesses by way of his fellowmen.

It's a common fact that men tend to clam up and hide their feelings just because that's how society dictates it to be. But it doesn't have to be. I'm not saying this gathering is about a group of men showing their emotions. It's farthest from that. But this gathering does give the chance for anyone to understand that everyone has their own failings and that you don't have to go through life by yourself.

I'm not that religious and I will admit that. I do believe in a being higher than me that I talk to for just about anything. Maybe its just me trying to get things off my chest without feeling judged. I know it gets difficult sometimes since there's nothing tangible in front of me but I simply remedied that by getting a small rock and talking to it. Once I'm done, I just throw the rock away and feel that burden somehow lessens. It doesn't go away completely but I know it's something that can be handled.

I think I'll go back next month for that ironman breakfast. The theme last Saturday was about 48 minutes of gametime, an event to remember. The talk was about how decisions in our everyday life will affect our lives forever.

We will deal with the consequences of how we lived life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home