/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Nyquil Works!

I came home Monday afternoon feeling a bit under the weather and at 4:00 pm was already in bed lying under the covers feeling chilly and miserable. The day started out fine and just ended quite horribly. I decided to take a dose of Nyquil to ease the misery and in a few minutes, I was off to dreamland with not a care in the world.

At 7:00 pm, I woke up a bit drowsy to get something to eat. I could have made do without but I'm a firm believer in my dad's philosophy wherein he states "we don't eat because we're hungry.. we eat because it's time to eat". After taking with what I though was my last meal, I decided against my better judgement to sit in front of the tv and watch a show I have been anticipating the previous week. With Nyquil clouding my already hazy brain cells, I sat in front of the tv at the start of the show and the next thing I knew, it had already ended and I didn't even had a peep as to what had happened. I should have just taped the whole thing but thanks to Nyquil, my whole brain ceased to function logically.

So off to bed I went and me being insomniac, I normally would wait for a few hours before I eventually drift off to sleep. But not that night. As soon as my body touched the bed, it was off to dreamland. The next day, a quick phone call to the boss allowed me some extra sleep time in bed. And pretty much stayed in it the whole day I did. Now am back to the corporate fortress I call the office. At least one day of being in bed makes me appreciate Nyquil some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home