/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Ladies Bathroom

I came in this morning to the office and everything looked the same. The few people that were there at such an early hour were already up and about doing their own thing while I was just getting ready to dive in for that days work. My cubicle basically sits in front of the ladies room and mind you, I didn't choose to be there. Anyway, about 5 minutes after I sat down, I heard someone knocking on the ladies room and a male voice checking if anyone was around. Normally, the doesn't concern me as our maintenance and janitorial people frequent this place at certain points of the day for their cleaning. Today was different however since it was too early for them to be there. So I stood up and checked looking just like a praire dog with my head sticking out of the cubicle. Having seen nothing of concern, I decided to grab a tall glass of iced coffee which is my normal morning fare and continued hammering on the keyboard to get my things done.

About mid-morning, one of my officemates mentioned that I may have to be evacuated. I had this puzzled look in my face until he told me to get up and check the ladies room door. Sure enough there was water seeping out of the door and this is not your normal slow moving water. You can actually see the mark its making as the water crawls down the carpet going down my cubicle. Suddenly, I felt like I'm in New Orleans. I may have to be evacuated soon or maybe a bunch of sandbags can be made to block the water before it gets to my cube. I was picking up the things on my cubicle's floor just so everything would be safe if in case the water does get to me.

The maintenance people are already in front of my cube sponging the water off to their buckets while a few of them are in the ladies room finishing up. Looks like there may not be a reason for me to be moved anytime soon.
All in a day's work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home