/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Serenity Prayer


"God... Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference."

That's how the prayer goes and a lot of variations has been added to it as time goes by. Some of the variations were made to sound funny just to take the seriousness of the prayer but if you read through the verse, the whole thing really is very potent. The prayer is about surrendering to a higher power that life can be overwhelming, asking for help when everything seems lost and knowing when to ask for what.

I know I must have read this prayer a million times but I still feel in awe whenever I do. It humbles me each time I come across this prayer. It makes me realize just how vulnerable I am and that I am only human - prone to errors just like the rest of humanity. And with this knowledge, I understood the trials and pain I encounter as I go on living. That they exist to remind me that I am just like everyone else - a child of the universe.

And so with that, I want to add my variation to this prayer...

"To live one day at a time... To enjoy one moment at a time..
To accept hardships as part of the way to peace and happiness..
To trust that I may be reasonably happy in this life and the next.."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste
your intelligence on just posting videos to your
blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?


Check out my homepage レイバン

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home