/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Monday, May 07, 2007

Hewlett-Packard Suck!

I have always avoided HP products until about 5 years ago when I have to get an All-In-One Printer. Against my better judgment, I purchased an OfficeJet G85 printer and have used the product without any issues until a couple of weeks ago where the scanner component started malfunctioning. Turns out that the only 'fix' HP has was to re-install the drivers. Using the HP supplied uninstaller, I was able to uninstall successfully without any hitches but re-installing was another story.

When I tried re-installing the software/driver, the process always end up with a message saying that the software/driver has already been installed yet the whole OfficeJet G85 does not work in any capacity at all. So back to the HP Support website I went and it told me that I need to get the latest driver for the Product from their website. And based on the document they have, I also needed to uninstall any previous software/driver I had in my PC. HP also provided a force uninstaller on their website so I used this to clean up any traces of HP related application/drivers in my PC.

Imagine my shock when the uninstaller not only clean up all HP related applications/software but also half of my hard drive totally unrelated to he problem. Luckily I have all my data in another drive and all my other softwares' installation CDs saved safely away. I can use that to rebuild my PC if ever. So I continued to install the HP application/driver and guess what? The damn printer still wont work.

I decided to give HP support a call to see what's going on and after being passed around among their 'elite' technicians, I was told that basically they cannot provide me a free phone support due to my product being obsolete. Support could still be given though provided that I pay them $30/hour to answer my questions but they won't guarantee that it will fix whatever was going on with my printer.

Now this gets me riled up considering that it was the application from their website that deleted half the contents of my hard drive and it was their instructions that I followed. I would have been willing to pay the support cost if they can guarantee me their product will work which they can't. To top it all, the support person has the audacity to instruct me to trade in the OfficeJet G85 which I paid $245 five years ago for $5 applicable to any new HP printer they have.

What makes them think I'm getting another HP product?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hewlett-Packard is one among the cheapest printers in the market. In my point of view it always lack quality. I better opt epson printer for commercial purpose.

============================
Bony
HP C4127x

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home