/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Shark Meat and Charcoals

Just because charcoals look black doesn't mean they're not hot. I made that mistake today. I was out in the backyard early this evening preparing the grill when I touched the charcoal on the side of the burning heap to move it closer to the fire. It was an oppps moment and I should have known better but the charcoal I'm talking about didn't even looked chaffed or affected by the fire in any way. It was just sitting there and me being myself, I just reached out to move it.

I ended up with a small ice in my hand the whole time. At least it wasn't that bad. Just the tip of my pointing finger. And there's no sign of any blister at all. At least not yet anyway. I'm sure there's going to be one coming out soon but I'm keeping the faith that everything will be okay when I wake up tomorrow.

I grilled shark meat tonight. This was part of the catch I had last time I went deep sea fishing. My very first shark meat and probably my last one too. Too bad I still have about 10 pounds of it in the freezer. Maybe if I change my mind later on I'll try it again. I have always thought that shark meat would end up tasting just like any other fish meat. I guess I was wrong.

It tasted like rubber. I did soak it with milk for about 3 hours. They said that would enhance the taste. I didn't wrap it with bacon when I grilled it though. I just wanted real fish. Maybe I should have wrapped it. But after taking my first bite, it was like cutting a piece of half-cooked beef. At least beef tasted better.

Maybe it's just the thought that this shark may have taken a bite off a person.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home