/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Barbershop

I haven't had a haircut in awhile so I decided to get one last weekend. I normally go to my favorite salon to have my usual hairstylist work on my head but I felt that I wanted something different this time. It has always been a parlor or a salon for me and I get to select what type of cut I wanted. You can say I was bored.

I drove around town basically just wasting time until I can find an excuse for myself not to get that haircut. I ended up in the older side of town where things are really slow and felt like I took a step back in time. The shops here weren't as glamorous or as big as the newer ones but it has some appeal in them.

I parked my car and went walking around. I visited a thrift shop which I found really interesting. What really caught my attention though was a small barbershop in the corner manned by two old folks. There were only 3 people ahead of me so I decided to come in and try them out. And it was the best decision I made that day. The haircut turned out really well plus all the extras the barber gave like complimentary shave and massage. You don't get that kind of service at the parlors or salons.

That experience brings back some nostalgia. What I thought was a weekend going to be wasted turned out to be really interesting. The barbers shared a lot stories which makes the whole experience feel like you're just at home.

I know I'll be back there in a month again.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They didn't give you a BJ, I suppose?

7:10 AM  
Blogger The Fortune Cookie said...

LOL.. If they did, I would have went back the very next day.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how could you say that jun!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home