/* added the script below */ /* added the script above */

dead keys society

Jun's online journal of mindless rants as well as feeble attempts on short story writing and other forms of literature (if you can call it that).

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dead Keys Society


A few years ago, I started placing some keys that I found lying around the house in a small bin in the garage. I kept them there not knowing for sure if they actually can open any locks around the house although I have that nagging feeling that they do. The bin used to contain only 6 keys but as the years passed by, the bin had accumulated a few more. Although they were growing in numbers, a couple of them probably would have been able to open some locks inside the house. It was just a matter of trying them out. But I never did. It must be the fact that I had all my locks and keys accounted for and not trying them at all would save me the trouble and hassles attached to trying them out. Some of the friends that have visited me noticed this bin in the garage and decided that they too have some dead keys lying in some parts of their own abode. Over the years, some of them would bring their own dead keys and toss them in my bin just for the sake of adding to it. Some would drop one, others maybe 5 while a few would bring their own inventory. Eventually, 6 becomes 14, 14 becomes 52 and now, the small bin is three quarters full of these dead keys. My own six dead keys are now lost in that bin making them dead keys among dead keys. This collection of dead keys have become a great conversation starter as it invites some mystery as to what lies behind the lock it should have been used to open. The bin holds this collection kown as the Dead Keys Society.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home